Saturday, March 1, 2008

Favorite Dublin and Salem pictures

I started this blog as a way to share pictures and fun times with my family and friends. Stephen and I do not have children yet, but we do have two boxers we love dearly. Dublin is 2 1/2 years old and we got him from the Anne Arundel SPCA. It is a wonderful and clean place, with great a staff. He was given up by his owners because he was a jumper, and he had been neglected and was VERY thin. So thin that when I walked him on the street a couple times people would stop me to ask what food I fed him! He his a big boxer, tall and about 81 lbs. We called him Dublin because we got him on St. Patrick's Day and we were going to Ireland that year. He even has shamrocks on his collars. A year later we got his sister Salem, as a friend for Dublin and she is about average size and weighs 45 lbs. We went back to the same SPCA and found that she had not only been neglected but had be abused. It took 3 weeks before she wouldn't flinch when we reached out to pet her and then about a month before she wouldn't have to follow us from room to room. She finally trusted we would be there. Keeping with our theme of naming after cities we visit, The year we got Salem Stephen and I went to Salem, MA. It seemed a perfect fit. I even found a collar with witches on it!
















3 comments:

J.J. & Katy said...

I LOVE the picture with both of them on the couch!

Unknown said...

I agree! That picture is one for the books!I don't know why, but it reminds me of the OLD movie "The Parent Trap" where the "twins" were both laying on their tummy in the tent.

Amalia said...

I love them! especially the one with them both on the couch!!! LOL! Can't wait to see them for real!!! xoxoxo