Saturday, November 14, 2009

Nemours Mansion and Gardens

Stephen and I traveled to Delaware to visit a house tour that we had read about. Over the years, Stephen and I have gone on many house tours, but I have to say this one was equal to the opulence that I have seen in France and England. When we got there, we learned that A.I. Dupont built the house for his second wife and based it on the designs at the palace of Versailles in France! We were not allowed to take photos in the house, but the pictures on the grounds that had french gardens and 5 different ponds with many, many statues.















1 comment:

J.J. & Katy said...

I LOVE the pics of you, Lisa! You, too Stephen :) You guys should see The Hermitage if you make it to Nashville sometime. I'd also like to see Sam Davis' home near here. We'll chat about it xoxo