Sunday, March 22, 2009

Savannah Georgia

This past February 16 Stephen and I celebrated our 2 anniversary. I know two LONG years :). We decided to go somewhere warm so Savannah, GA was decided. The vacation started a bit bumpy because I was REALLY sick that weekend. I had a terrible cold and a really bad cough. Plus it was a bit rainy that weekend. However, Savannah was beautiful and we had a great time even with the interesting start. We stayed at the McMillan Inn. It was a wonderful B&B that had the most amazing breakfasts. We also got our names on the door of the room we stayed at. It was a personable touch that we liked. The B&B was a Victorian southern style that I LOVED and we had a fireplace in our room to add that romantic touch. We agreed that we would like to go back again. If you ever do decide to go watch the movie, or read the book, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil . It is one of their main attractions and scenes from the movie are everywhere.





This is in front of the art meusum that housed the"Bird Girl" statue that is on the front of the book, Midnight in the Graden of Good and Evil. What we thought was neat was there are four stautues of famous historical architects. I am standing next to Rembrandt. Stephen is standing next to Michealangelo. The other two were Leonardo and ( umm I can't remeber at this momment ;p)



This is the famous founatin the middle of Savannah that is shown in the movie.



This a famous lady who use to wave and apron or towel to passing ships. She was so popular and well known by the sea communty that at her funeral she had an international attendance of houndreds of people. I asked about the dog but I was told it was a sculptures touch.





I though this was HILARIOUS!!!!

1 comment:

Lissa said...

Savannah is great! Gabi and I went there back when we lived in Atlanta. (I was pregnant with Annabelle at the time.) http://babygabriella.blogspot.com/search?q=savannah

The famous fountain you saw in Savannah reminds me of a pineapple fountain in Charleston, SC.
http://babygabriella.blogspot.com/2007/04/carolinas.html

Oh, and you might enjoy this link, too. ;) It contains a picture of the fountain at the very end, but something else you'd love before that...
http://babygabriella.blogspot.com/2007/04/february-summary.html